Legal Research & Writing Workshop [Registrations OPEN for Jan-Feb 2023]
About the Workshop- VLS Legal Research Testimonials
Legal research and writing are non-negotiable and the most vital component of a law school journey. It eventually becomes one of the regular tools for a legally trained person irrespective of the professional vocation one may choose.
While law schools try their best to teach research and writing skills, it continues to remain a bottleneck for most law students. Due to time constraints, often the law students are not provided real-time hands-on training to research, internalize thoughts, develop clarity of thoughts, chew thoughts, think in the language of writing, discuss thoughts for cross-fertilization of ideas and then start writing each sentence with a cogent reasoning, justifiable argument and cross-verifiable reference sans any form of plagiarism. Mere writing a short blog article or any piece of longer article in the English language is not enough. Several factors determine the quality of a worthy article that may not only grasp readers’ attention but may offer a recognizable contribution to the topic.
Agenda and Benefits of the Workshop
This workshop is uniquely curated to provide law students this real-time hands-on experience and training on:
- Researching and deciding a topic
- Shortlisting readings
- Habit of reading
- Developing a mental framework on the researched topic
- Starting to write
- Writing with cogent reasoning and verifiable claims
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Writing not with an aim to claim fame but writing to make a worthy argument
Uniqueness of Workshop
- Participants will discuss everything they have learned on a regular basis with their mentor in this LIVE workshop.
Disclaimer: This course is not meant for anyone who wants to claim overnight fame by publishing an Op-Ed piece in popular media, etc. The course will instead prepare you to start writing a piece worthy of publication as well as inculcate a sustainable habit of indulging in a serious exercise of researching, mental preparation, and lastly a humble attempt to write.
- Reading, researching, writing, discussion, and feedback will be included in this plan.
Who can attend?
- Category I: Students of 3 (three) years or 5 (five) years law course
- Category II: Graduates or LLM candidates
Batch Size: Maximum 5 (five) participants per batch
- There will be multiple batches but each batch will have a maximum of five participants.
- The batch will start on a first cum first serve basis.
- Note: Given the high-intensity workshop, the batch size is planned to be kept very small to ensure personalized attention for every applicant.
Dr. Nachiketa Mittal, Law Professor, Author, and Career Guidance Specialist
- Category I: Students of 3 years or 5 years of law course: INR 999/-
- Category II: Graduates or LLM candidates: INR 1499/-
Limited Seats Left:
Batch Feb 3: Three Seats Left
Batch Feb 5: Two Seats Left
Batch Feb 7: Three Seats Left
Note: Each batch will have only 5 participants- Reserve your Seats on First-Cum-First Serve Basis
- After successful completion of this workshop, attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
- 2 (Two) Participants from each batch will be awarded a Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of Merit.
- Awardees of Workshop Excellence may be offered an opportunity to be legal researchers with due acknowledgment for a Book Edited.