Legal Research & Writing Workshop [Registrations OPEN for 2023]
- April 2, 2023
- Posted by: Virtual Law School
- Category: Announcements Law School Bench
About the Workshop- VLS Legal Research Testimonials
Legal research and writing are non-negotiable and the most vital component of a law school journey. It eventually becomes one of the regular tools for a legally trained person irrespective of the professional vocation one may choose.
While law schools try their best to teach research and writing skills, it continues to remain a bottleneck for most law students. Due to time constraints, often the law students are not provided real-time hands-on training to research, internalize thoughts, develop clarity of thoughts, chew thoughts, think in the language of writing, discuss thoughts for cross-fertilization of ideas and then start writing each sentence with a cogent reasoning, justifiable argument and cross-verifiable reference sans any form of plagiarism. Mere writing a short blog article or any piece of longer article in the English language is not enough. Several factors determine the quality of a worthy article that may not only grasp readers’ attention but may offer a recognizable contribution to the topic.
Agenda and Benefits of the Workshop
This workshop is uniquely curated to provide law students this real-time hands-on experience and training on:
- Researching and deciding a topic
- Shortlisting readings
- Habit of reading
- Developing a mental framework on the researched topic
- Starting to write
- Writing with cogent reasoning and verifiable claims
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Writing not with an aim to claim fame but writing to make a worthy argument
Uniqueness of Workshop
- Participants will discuss everything they have learned on a regular basis with their mentor in this LIVE workshop.
Disclaimer: This course is not meant for anyone who wants to claim overnight fame by publishing an Op-Ed piece in popular media, etc. The course will instead prepare you to start writing a piece worthy of publication as well as inculcate a sustainable habit of indulging in a serious exercise of researching, mental preparation, and lastly a humble attempt to write.
Workshop Frequency: Two to Three Times a Month
- Reading, researching, writing, discussion, and feedback will be included in this plan.
Who can attend?
- Category I: Students of 3 (three) years or 5 (five) years law course
- Category II: LLM students or graduates with less than one year of work experience
- Category I: Students of 3 years or 5 years of law course- INR 999/-
- Category II: LLM students or graduates with less than one year of work experience- INR 1499/-
Batch Size: Maximum 5 (five) participants per batch
- There will be multiple batches but each batch will have a maximum of five participants.
- The batch will start on a first cum first serve basis.
- Note: Given the high-intensity workshop, the batch size is planned to be kept very small to ensure personalized attention for every applicant.
Dr. Nachiketa Mittal, Professor of ADR and Law at NLIU (Bhopal), Founder, VLS and Career Guidance Specialist
Limited Seats [NEW BATCHES]: Upcoming BATCHES-
April 20-24- Five Seats Left
May 4-8 – Five Seats Left
Note: Each batch will have only 5 participants- Reserve your Seats on First-Cum-First Serve Basis
- After successful completion of this workshop, attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
- 2 (Two) Participants from each batch will be awarded a Certificate of Excellence and Certificate of Merit.
- Awardees of Workshop Excellence may be offered an opportunity to be Student Editors in Upcoming New Law Journal head by legal exerts and legal researchers with due acknowledgment for a Edited Book.
Register & Pay here
Want to be a part of this workshop
Virtual Law School
Yes you can join, we have only two Seats Left. New Batch starts today.
I am from Nepal and would love to join the workshop from 30th January. Can i join , please do let me know. I am recent graduate.
Virtual Law School
Yes you can join, we have other students who have joined form Nepal. New Batch starts today.