Legal Research & Writing Workshop [Registrations OPEN for 2023]
About the Workshop- VLS Legal Research Testimonials
Legal research and writing are non-negotiable and the most vital component of a law school journey. It eventually becomes one of the regular tools for a legally trained person irrespective of the professional vocation one may choose.
While law schools try their best to teach research and writing skills, it continues to remain a bottleneck for most law students. Due to time constraints, often the law students are not provided real-time hands-on training to research, internalize thoughts, develop clarity of thoughts, chew thoughts, think in the language of writing, discuss thoughts for cross-fertilization of ideas and then start writing each sentence with a cogent reasoning, justifiable argument and cross-verifiable reference sans any form of plagiarism. Mere writing a short blog article or any piece of longer article in the English language is not enough. Several factors determine the quality of a worthy article that may not only grasp readers’ attention but may offer a recognizable contribution to the topic.
Agenda and Benefits of the Workshop
This workshop is uniquely curated to provide law students this real-time hands-on experience and training on:
- Researching and deciding a topic
- Shortlisting readings
- Habit of reading
- Developing a mental framework on the researched topic
- Starting to write
- Writing with cogent reasoning and verifiable claims
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Writing not with an aim to claim fame but writing to make a worthy argument
Uniqueness of Workshop
- Participants will discuss everything they have learned on a regular basis with their mentor in this LIVE workshop.
Disclaimer: This course is not meant for anyone who wants to claim overnight fame by publishing an Op-Ed piece in popular media, etc. The course will instead prepare you to start writing a piece worthy of publication as well as inculcate a sustainable habit of indulging in a serious exercise of researching, mental preparation, and lastly a humble attempt to write.
- Reading, researching, writing, discussion, and feedback will be included in this plan.
Who can attend?
- ONLY UG and PG Students
Fees: INR 1500/- [Inclusive of all Taxes]
Batch Size: Maximum 5 (five) participants per batch
- There will be multiple batches but each batch will have a maximum of five participants.
- The batch will start on a first cum first serve basis.
- Note: Given the high-intensity workshop, the batch size is planned to be kept very small to ensure personalized attention for every applicant.
Dr. Nachiketa Mittal, Professor of ADR and Law at NLIU (Bhopal), Founder, VLS and Career Guidance Specialist
- 2022 Batch
December 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
- 2023 Batches
January 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
February 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
March 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
April 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
May 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
June 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
July 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
August 4-8 and 23-27 – Completed Successfully
September 4-8 and 23-27 – Batch Full
October 13-17 – Registrations OPEN – Register & Pay here
Certification & Awards
- After successful completion of this workshop, attendees will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
- One Best Participant from each batch will be awarded a database subscription of All India Reporter (AIR) and a Certificate of Excellence.